Click To See the Unity View
Click To See the 2D View
1) Barack Hussein Obama II was born on Aug. 4, 1961, in Honolulu. His first name means one who is blessed in Swahili. Obama father, Barack Hussein Obama Sr., was from Kenya.
2) In 1992, he married the former Michelle Robinson, also a Harvard Law School graduate, whom he met at a Chicago law firm. They have two daughters, Malia and Sasha.
3) Before becoming a Illinois state senator, Obama worked as a civil rights attorney, community organizer, lecturer and professor.
4) In 2007, Obama formally announced his campaign to run for president. He was elected president in November 2008 and served as the 44th president of the United States for two terms.
5) He rescued the country from the Great Recession, cutting the unemployment rate from 10% to 4.7% over six years. He signed the Affordable Care Act which provided health insurance to over 20 millions.
6) He ended the war in Iraq and ordered for the capture and killing of Osama Bin Laden on May 2, 2011. He saved the U.S. auto industry and supported LGBT marriage.
Date of Birth
Barack Obama was the 44th president of the United States and the first African American commander-in-chief. He served two terms, in 2008 and 2012. The son of parents from Kenya and Kansas, Obama was born and raised in Hawaii. He graduated from Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was president of the Harvard Law Review. After serving on the Illinois State Senate, he was elected a U.S. senator representing Illinois in 2004. He and wife Michelle Obama have two daughters, Malia and Sasha.