Click To See the Unity View
Click To See the 2D View
1) Claude Monet was born in the 14th of November 1840 and died on 5th of December 1926 was a French painter, a founder of French Impressionist painting.
2) Monet is a prolific practitioner of the movement\'s philosophy of expressing one\'s perceptions before nature, especially as applied to plein air landscape painting.
3) The term Impressionism is derived from the title of his painting Impression, soleil levant , which was exhibited in 1874 in the first of the independent
4) exhibitions mounted by Monet and his associates as an alternative to the Salon de Paris. Monet has been described as \"the driving force behind Impressionism.
5) Crucial to the art of the Impressionist painters was the understanding of the effects of light on the local colour. Monet\'s long career as a painter was spent
6) in the pursuit of this aim. He thought in terms of colours and shapes rather than scenes and objects. He used bright colours in dabs and dashes and squiggles of paint.
Date of Birth