Click To See the Unity View
Click To See the 2D View
1) Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, born in Prussia, German Confederation on October 15, 1844 to August 25, 1900 (aged 55), was a philosopher, cultural critic and philologist.
2) His work exerted a profound influence on modern intellectual history. He began his career as a classical philologist before turning to philosophy. His thinking effected continental philosophy.
3) He became the youngest person ever to hold the Chair of Classical Philology at the University of Basel in 1869 (age 24). His writing spans fiction while displaying a fondness for aphorism & irony.
4) His philosophy included his radical critique of truth in favor of perspectivism, a genealogical critique of religion and Christian morality and a related theory of master/slave morality, (cont.)
5) The aesthetic affirmation of life in response to both the "death of God" and the profound crisis of nihilism, & a characterization of the human subject as the expression of competing wills.
6) In his later work, he became increasingly preoccupied with the creative powers of the individual to overcome cultural and moral mores in pursuit of new values and aesthetic health.
Date of Birth