Click To See the Unity View
Click To See the 2D View
1) The 38th United States president, Ford has the distinction of being the first, and to date the only person to serve as president without being elected to either the presidency or the vice presidency.
2) Vice President Spiro T. Agnew (1918-1996) resigned from office in October 1973 over unrelated charges of accepting bribes and evading taxes.
3) Nixon used his power under the 25th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution to appoint Ford as his new vice president. The well-liked and respected Ford was easily confirmed by Congress and took office.
4) Domestically, Ford presided over the worst economy in the four decades since the Great Depression, with growing inflation and a recession during his tenure.
5) In one of his most controversial acts, he granted a presidential pardon to President Richard Nixon for his role in the Watergate scandal.
6) He is credited with helping to restore public confidence in government after the disillusionment of the Watergate era.
Date of Birth