Click To See the Unity View
Click To See the 2D View
1) Paul Jackson Pollock (January 28, 1912 to August 11, 1956) was an American painter and a major figure in the abstract expressionist movement
2) By defying the convention of painting on an upright surface, he added a new dimension by being able to view and apply paint to his canvases from all directions.
3) Polloack was widely noticed for his technique of pouring or splashing liquid household paint onto a horizontal surface (drip technique), enabling him to view and paint his canvases from all angles.
4) It was also called Action Painting, since he used the force of his whole body to paint, often in a frenetic dancing style.
5) A reclusive and volatile personality, Pollock struggled with alcoholism for most of his life. In 1945, he married the artist Lee Krasner, who became an important influence on his career.
6) Pollock died at the age of 44 in an alcohol-related single-car accident when he was driving.
Date of Birth