Click To See the Unity View
Click To See the 2D View
1) Madison was a sickly and slightly built man who stood just 5 feet 4 inches tall and rarely tipped the scales at much more than 100 pounds.
2) Despite his lifelong struggles with his health, Madison proved to be more resilient than his vice presidents : George Clinton died in 1812, and Elbridge in 1814.
3) Madison is the only sitting commander-in-chief to be directly involved in a military engagement when British forces marched on Washington D.C. during the War of 1812.
4) In contrast to Madison's quiet and retiring personality, his wife Dolley was a social butterfly known for her exuberance, warmth and wit.
5) Madison's friendship with Thomas Jefferson is considered one of the most fruitful political partnerships. He died on June 28, 1936. He was the last surviving signer of the Constitution.
6) Madison believed in the separation of powers between three branches of the federal government, as well as between state governments and the federal government establishing system of checks & balances.
Date of Birth