Click To See the Unity View
Click To See the 2D View
1) Jeffrey Preston Bezos, born in Albuquerque, New Mexico on January 12, 1964 to Present (age 58), is an American entrepreneur, media proprietor, investor, computer engineer, and commercial astronaut.
2) After Bezos graduated from college in 1986, he was offered jobs at Intel, Bell Labs, and Andersen Consulting, among others. He first worked at Fitel, a fintech telecommunications start-up.
3) Bezos was promoted to head of development and director of customer service thereafter. He transitioned into the banking industry when he became a product manager at Bankers Trust.
4) He then joined D. E. Shaw & Co, a newly founded hedge fund with a strong emphasis on mathematical modelling in 1990 and worked there until 1994. He became their fourth senior VP at age 30.
5) In late 1993, he read that the Internet was growing at a rate of 2300% a year, and decided to establish an online bookstore. He and his then wife left their jobs and founded Amazon in a rented garage.
6) Bezos first became a millionaire in 1997 after raising $54 million through Amazon\'s initial public offering (IPO). He was on the Forbes World\'s Billionaires list in 1999, net worth $10.1 billion.
Date of Birth