Click To See the Unity View
Click To See the 2D View
1) John Berkey, August 13, 1932 to April 29, 2008, was an American artist known for his space and science fiction themed works.
2) Some of Berkey's best-known work includes much of the original poster art for the Star Wars trilogy, the poster for the 1976 remake of King Kong and also the Old Elvis Stamp.
3) Berkey produced a large body of space fantasy artwork, producing utopian scenes of bubble-shaped, yacht-like spaceships. He has been described as one of the giants in the history of science fiction.
4) is distinctive painterly style has been evaluated as at once realistic, yet impressionistic and abstract, and his space craft designs as being distinctly elegant, yet clearly technological.
5) Among other commissions, Berkey regularly produced artwork for magazines such as Popular Mechanics, Omni, Science Fiction Age, Discover, National Geographic, TV Guide and The Plain Truth.
6) In 1975, George Lucas purchased several pieces of Berkey's arts. Berkey was then commissioned by Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox in 1976 to provide some of the first poster art for Star Wars.
Date of Birth