Click To See the Unity View
Click To See the 2D View
1) June Leaf, born in Chicago, Illinois on 1929 (aged 93 to 94), is an American artist known for her abstract allegorical paintings and drawings; she also works in modernist kinetic sculpture.
2) She studied for three months between 1947 and 1948 at the Institute of Design taking classes with artist Hugo Weber. She left school and traveled to Paris in 1948, focusing on abstract patterns.
3) In 1954, she returned to the school for her B.A. degree in Art Education from Roosevelt University and the same year her M.A. degree in Art Education at Institute of Design.
4) Her work is included in many permanent art collections including, the Smithsonian American Art Museum, the Art Institute of Chicago, Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago, MoMA, & MIoA.
5) Leaf was awarded an Honorary Doctorate, Humane Letters in 1984 from DePaul University and in 1996 from Nova Scotia College of Art and Design (NSCAD).
6) She has received many awards including the Distinguished Artists Awards from the Canadian Council in 1984 and a National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) grant in painting in 1989.
Date of Birth