Click To See the Unity View
Click To See the 2D View
1) The Lebanese Civil War 1975 to 1990 was a conflict that became greatly worse by Lebanon's changing demographics. It cost 250,000 in casualties.
2) There was conflict between Sunnis and Shias, between Christians and Muslims, and the involvement of Syria, Israel and the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO).
3) After a short break in the fighting in 1976 due to Arab League mediation and Syrian intervention, civil strife continued, with fighting primarily focused in south Lebanon.
4) Isreal invaded South Lebanon in 1982 and reached Bierut while flushing out the PLO fighters on the way. Isreal clashed with Syria in Bekaa valley.
5) Bachir Gemayel, known for his anti-syrian and palestenian presence and for his relationship with Isreal, was assasinated on Sep 14 , 1982. His brother failed to achieve unity from 1982 to 1988.
6) Lebanon plunged in chaos from 1988 to 1990 when Michel Aoun tried to fight for independance from Syrians and their proxies. Syria invaded all Lebanon in 1990 and imposed the Taef Accord.
Date of Birth