Click To See the Unity View
Click To See the 2D View
1) Avram Noam Chomsky, born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on December 7, 1928 to Present (aged 93), is an American linguist, philosopher, cognitive scientist, historical essayist, & social critic.
2) He was also a political activist. Sometimes called "the father of modern linguistics," he's also a major figure in analytic philosophy and one of the founders of the field of cognitive science.
3) He is a Laureate Professor of Linguistics at the University of Arizona and an Institute Professor Emeritus at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) & is the author of more than 150 books.
4) Ideologically, he aligns with anarcho-syndicalism and libertarian socialism. He developed the theory of transformational grammar for which he earned his doctorate in 1955.
5) He is widely recognized as having helped to spark the cognitive revolution in the human sciences, contributing to the development of a new cognitivist framework for the study of language & the mind.
6) In addition to his continued scholarship, he remains a leading critic of U.S. foreign policy, neoliberalism & contemporary state capitalism, the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, & mainstream news media.
Date of Birth