Click To See the Unity View
Click To See the 2D View
1) Paul Cezanne was born on 19 January 1839 and died on 22 October 1906 was a French artist and Post-Impressionist painter.
2) His work laid the foundations of the transition from the 19th-century conception of artistic endeavor to a new and radically different world of art in the 20th century.
3) It is said he formed the bridge between late 19th-century Impressionism and the early 20th century's new line of artistic inquiry, Cubism.
4) Cezanne often repetitive, exploratory brushstrokes are highly characteristic and clearly recognizable. He used planes of colour and small brushstrokes that build up to form complex fields.
5) The paintings convey his intense study of his subjects. Both Matisse and Picasso are said to have remarked that Cezanne "is the father of us all".
6) His works were rejected numerous times by the official Salon in Paris and ridiculed by art critics when exhibited with the Impressionists. Yet during his lifetime, he was considered a master by many.
Date of Birth