Click To See the Unity View
Click To See the 2D View
1) Plato, born on 428/427 or 424/423 BC to 348/347 BC (age 80) in Athens, Greece, was a Greek philosopher born in Athens during the Classical period in Ancient Greece.
2) He found the Platonist school of thought & the Academy. He's widely considered a pivotal figure in the history of Ancient Greek & West philosophy, along with his teach, Socrates, & student, Aristotle.
3) He has often been cited as one of the founders of Western religion and spirituality. Plato was an innovator of the written dialogue and dialectic forms in philosophy.
4) His own most decisive philosophical influences are usually thought to have been, along with Socrates, the pre-Socratics Pythagoras, Heraclitus and Parmenides.
5) His most famous contribution is the theory of Forms known by pure reason, in which Plato presents a solution to the problem of universals known as Platonism (or Platonic realism or Platonic idealism).
6) He is also the namesake of Platonic love and the Platonic solids. Unlike the work of nearly all of his contemporaries, his entire body of work is believed to have survived intact for over 2,400 years.
Date of Birth