Click To See the Unity View
Click To See the 2D View
1) Muhammad was born around 570, AD in Mecca (now in Saudi Arabia). His father died before he was born and he was raised first by his grandfather and then his uncle.
2) Muhammad worked in a camel caravan and earned a reputation as honest and sincere, acquiring the nickname Al-Amin meaning faithful or trustworthy.
3) In 610, he was meditating in a cave on Mount Jabal aI-Nour. The Angel Gabriel appeared and relayed the word of God: Recite in the name of your Lord who creates, creates man from a clot!
4) Islamic tradition holds that the first persons to believe were his wife, Khadija and his close friend Abu Bakr . He condemned idols worshiping.
5) Sensing a threat, Mecca merchants and leaders offered Muhammad incentives to abandon his preaching, but he refused.
6) After the conflict with Mecca was finally settled, Muhammad took his first true Islamic pilgrimage to that city and in March, 632, he delivered his last sermon at Mount Arafat.
Date of Birth