Click To See the Unity View
Click To See the 2D View
1) He is known as the Great Communicator because he was a good public speaker. Reagan was also known as the Teflon president because any criticism or scandals against him never affected his popularity.
2) He began implemented sweeping new political and economic initiatives. His Reaganomics advocated tax rate reduction to spur economic growth, economic deregulation, and reduction in government spending.
3) He worked diligently with the Soviet Union\'s new reform-minded leader, Mikhail Gorbachev, to improve superpower relations.
4) The crucial product of their negotiations was the 1987 Intermediate Nuclear Forces treaty, the first treaty of the Cold War to reduce the number of nuclear missiles rather than stabilizing them.
5) Reagan\'s reputation was tarnished when the public learned in late 1986 known as Iran-Contra affair. The independent counsel who had been appointed to investigate the Iran-Contra affair cleared him.
6) In 1994, Reagan announced that he was suffering from Alzheimer\'s disease. It culminated in a bipartisan and international outpouring of sentiment at a state funeral after Reagan died on June 5, 2004.
Date of Birth
Ronald Wilson Reagan born on February 6, 1911 and died on June 5, 2004 was an American politician who served as the 40th president of the United States from 1981 to 1989 and became the highly influential voice of modern conservatism. Prior to his presidency, he was a Hollywood actor and union leader before serving as the 33rd governor of California from 1967 to 1975.