Click To See the Unity View
Click To See the 2D View
1) World War II lasted from 1939 to 1945. World War II began when German troops invaded Poland on September first, 1939.
2) The main Axis countries were Germany, Italy and Japan. The main Allied countries were Great Britain, the United States, France and the Soviet Union.
3) British Prime Ministers during World War II were Neville Chamberlain until 1940, then Winston Churchill. An estimated total of 70 to 85 million people died. Estimated to be 3 percent of the world.
4) The Battle of Britain, between the Germans and the British was the first ever battle to be fought only in the air. It lasted from 10 July to 31 October 1940. USA fought and beat Japan in the Pacific.
5) Hitler invaded Europe in 1939 including France and then tried to invade Russia in 1941. Germany was beaten back by Russia with heavy casualties and then the US and Britain joined on D DAY.
6) World War II ended in Europe on 8 May 1945 . It ended with the defeat of Hitler and the invasion of Berlin by the Russians. The Japanese surrendered on Sept 2 1945 after the atomic bomb drop.
Date of Birth